From:
Rayne Storm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:23:33 +0000
I just bought a new baby ferret for my husband for fathers' day.  He's an
absolutely gorgeous healthy silver mitt.  We've had him a little over two
weeks now.  The problem is, we have four adult ferrets that have owned us
for over 4 years and whenever we try to put them together they try to
kill the baby.  We know that they're not playing because the adults are
way too aggressive towards him and they bite him hard and we have to pry
their jaws from his neck.  At first we thought that they were just
establishing dominance and that they would accept him later, but they're
not.  They even try to dig through his cage bars to get to him.  We've
introduced new ferrets into the mix before and never had a problem.  Does
anyone have any ideas why our guys are acting this way...and what we can
do to get them together?

Thanks,
Pennie, Damon and the fuzzies
Sheba, Jazz, Grendle, Oz and baby Cooter