From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:47:39 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled coffee table dusters...

(Hey...where's the Pledge?)

Lisa mumbled something about:
>How long has or did your ferret live with insulinoma with medical
>treatment and care but no surgery?

My Ziggy was diagnosed with Insulinoma in September of 2001.  He was put
on Pediapred (doses were adjusted over a two-month period until we got
settled in at 1 CC twice per day) and has been on it every since.  That's
seven months and going strong.  He gained back all of his weight, he has
full energy when he and the clowns are out-and-about and he doesn't seem
to know that he is even sick.  He's way too old (according to my vet, but
I'm not positive about that) for surgery, so the pred is pretty much his
only option.  However, he doesn't appear to have any other problems and
seems as happy as a...well...happy as a ferret!

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/