Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 03:24:46 -0700
[Church:]
>>Personally, I won't belong to any organization that does not allow the
>>membership voting rights for the highest levels of leadership
[Killains:]
>Ahhh!  There it is!  Knew you had a beef with the AFA now we know.  But
>does the CFA or AKC have national voting for officers?  Well actually since
>the AFA is a corporation (non-profit) does any corporation "really" allow
>individuals to vote?

Sorry Bill and Diane...I also will not support a national or international
organization that does not allow me to vote for the executive leadership.
As a 'member' of the AFA, I would have no legal or binding representation
in the hierarcy, an absolute no-no in my book.  When I pay money to belong
to something, I want to be able to say where and how that money is used.
That does not happen in a corporation.  I can talk about it but can not
dictate, by my vote, the use of my money.  And money, is the fuel that any
organization must have to operate.

I believe that if any group can successfully bring together all the
'warring' factions of ferretdom, and create a 'club', where we have a
'voting say' in the executive board, AFA will fade to the background.
Traditionally, 'club' type corporations do not survive when a true member
supported organization exists.  There are exceptions, but not many.

MC  (The Rude One)