From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 11:30:53 -0400
Hello Californians,

Jan Goldsmith's office called yesterday to let me know that our Water, Parks
and Wildlife Committee hearing has been set for May 14th.  That gives us
less than 4 weeks to let the Committee members know how important this issue
is to us.  It also gives us less than one month to complete our photo drive.

WANT TO HELP?
I have an adorable flyer available for anyone that wants to help that can be
copied and distributed to local pet stores and veterinarian's offices.  At
the bottom of the flyer fill-in the name and address of your local Assembly
Representative before copying the flyer so that folks picking up the flyer
can have that information readily available.  Please call me, or e-mail me,
with your snail-mail address so I can send you a couple of copies of this
flyer.  It's a great way to reach people who may not realize the resolution
will be heard soon.

Also, please write to the Water, Parks and Wildlife Committee Chair and Vice
Chair, in addition to your own Assembly representative.  The Chairman is:
Dominic Cortese, 100 Paseo de San Antonio #300, San Jose, CA  95113.  The
Vice Chairman is:  Bob Margett, 55 Huntington Drive, Suite 120, Arcadia, CA
91006.

Don't want to help, or don't think you can?
YOU ALREADY HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN THE DOMESTICATED PET OF YOUR CHOICE.  IT
IS A RIGHT GUARANTEED BY OUR STATE CONSTITUTION.  DON'T LET THE CALIFORNIA
DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME (DFG) CRIMINALIZE YOU FOR EXERCISING THAT RIGHT.

Get involved, make your wishes heard-- but remember, the person representing
you in the California Assembly is not the problem, DFG is, so be friendly
and polite in your letters to your Assembly representatives.

Jeanne Carley
Legislative Director, CDFA
410 Mountain Home Road
Woodside, CA  94062