From:
Barbara Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:51:54 -0400
I'm sorry I did not post this sooner, as my computer has not been working
all weekend.  I was finally able to get online today and read all of the
wonderful advice that everyone has sent me.  I would like to thank you
each individually, but I think writing what I have to say that many times
over would be too much.  Thank you all for the advice, ideas, websites
and links, prayers and thoughts that you all sent me... I appreciate it
more than you can imagine.

Our baby boy Kodi did not make it through the night.  It first started
late on Thursday night, took him to the vet the next morning (that was
the day I posted) with no avail to what was wrong.  They got some fluids
in him and he perked up, and started to try and walk around a bit and
seemed interested in food, but started going downhill again.  He went
peacefully at about 11 that night.

I am definitely going to switch vets, because out of all the suggestions
I recieved from you all, my vet only suggested SubQ's...nothing else.
Reading the things that you all sent I am extremely dissapointed in my
vet.  A couple of you have gone through this exact thing and with certain
meds pulled through... I think Kodi may have had a better chance if we
had a better vet.  This has made me realize I need a new vet.  I am glad
however that we did not need to put him to sleep.  He went peacefully on
his own.  We had to put our cat to sleep about 2 months ago, who we have
owned my whole life (I am 17, he was 18)... it was the most difficult
thing Ive ever had to do...

Kodi was my first ferret.  We found him in our driveway late at night and
nobody ever claimed him.  He was the sweetest boy you could ever meet.
Always prefered a good snuggle over a war dance.  He used to make this
little noise, like he was sucking the roof of his mouth, when he was
happy...I am going to miss him so much, as I know Hope and Ziggy will.

Again, Im sorry I cant reply to each of you individually, but thank you
so much to all of you.  It is extremely comforting knowing that so many
people would take time out of their day to help someone out.  Sandee-
please watch for Kodi.  Big Red and Mele should be waiting for him, but
he has no ferrety friends up there to show him around to everything.

Missing our little man,
Barbara, Hope, and Ziggy