From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:14:10 -0700
Someone posted a review of a handy steam cleaner a couple weeks back that
I found very helpful.  So I thought I'd ask as well - what items have you
found extremely helpful in caring for your ferrets?  One of my favorite
items is a small (handsized) broom and dustpan I found in the car
accessories aisle at the store.  It is great for sweeping up the ferret
kibble and litter that has been thrown around the room.

I also used a large 18 Qt Rubbermaid bucket (with lid) to hold my supply
of ferret kibble.  a 5 pound bag fits in nicely, or I can dump out the
contents of the bag and mix several bags right in the bucket.

I've found that plastic ice scrapers (I'm in Southern California, we
don't have ice here so needed to find a new use for it) or plastic putty
knife work great for scraping dried ferret poop from carpets and floors.

So what wonderful items have you found to help with ferret care?
Especially those that weren't intended with ferrets in mind!

Masked ferret owner and ferret in CA