From:
SCN User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 17:35:42 -0800
Here's something I've been wondering about:

Does anybody else on the list think that their ferrets sometimes do noisy
things just for the sheer joy of hearing the sounds?

Other pets make noise as a by-product--they are digging, or scratching, or
whatever, and the sound is merely the result of the activity.  However, I
swear my ferrets create noise just to listen to it!

For example: Madison put a rattley-ping-pong ball in the plastic tube and
proceeded to lie on his back and dribble it against the ceiling of the
tube.  Made a BIG racket.

We still have one picture in the living room that is bolted to the wall.
Why?  you may ask.  Because Emmett used to climb up onto the bookcase we
had placed directly underneath the picture, and thump and thump and thump
the picture frame against the wall.

How about you all?  Does anybody else think their ferrets make noise on
purpose or am I the only one?

Right now Madison is scratching on the hammy--that is a means of
communication.  He is saying, "Mom, get off the computer and let me out,
right now!" You'll have to excuse me--I need to quit now...

Kate, Monty Bean and MADISON