From:
Sabrina Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 1995 14:30:38 -0500
I have adopted a ferret when she was four years old but her previous owner
never let her out of her cage, she was not treated real well, she had no
affection, he had no time to look after, play with her, remember feeding
her, cleaning up her litter and giving her water. I spent approximately 3
years out of four, locked in her cage at all times, not looked after. Now,
I am taking care of her, she has freedom here she never had, she has been
living with me for almost a year now, but there seem to be a problem and I
was wondering whether it could be corrected or not; she does not seem to
want affection, she does not ignore other presences but almost, she won't
come and curl up in my lap to be petted and pampered like other ferrets I
have known. Is there any hope in making her understand that she can be
affectionate and that it is O.K.?
I hope one can find a solution for that situation. Thanks.