From:
Anjie Nuzzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 19:59:47 -0400
Hello FML readers,
I would just like to say a couple of things.  First of all I mostly scan
the posts on this list for anything that might interest me and/or Frodo
and don't really read the rest.  I find that it is the easiest thing
for me since these e-mails can get pretty lengthy.  I haven't had any
complaints about this list and I think that one or two quality responses
are better than no responses at all, and since everyone else on this list
Do have lives, I would understand if no one responded to my post.

Second of all, I would just like to say that my little Frodo-boy is doing
just fine. :) As a first time ferret owner, I think that I'm doing pretty
well.  Although I don't get to take him out to play everyday, he isn't in
a cage.  He has his own bedroom and is doing perfect in it.  I do have a
couple questions though.

1) Do ferrets change colors?  One day I went in to see Frodo and he was
his usual color and then the next day he was a lot lighter in color.  His
dark gray hairs were all a couple of shades lighter and it surprised me.

Also I think that he's gotten bigger than when I first got him.  How do
you know when a ferret is obese?  I don't think Frodo is but I was just
wondering in case he gets even bigger.

2) I've noticed a couple of litter box conversations going on and I'd like
to ask a few of my own questions.  Since Frodo does Not reside in a cage,
he doesn't like to use his litter box.  I put newspaper on the floor and
the box on top of the paper but he just pushes the box aside and goes on
the paper underneath.  I Never Ever scold him but when I do catch him
going outside the box, I gently put him in it and then give him Ferretone
when he's done.  I've only had two chances to do that.  Are there anyways
to achor the litter box down and discourage him from going on the floor?
I don't want to use any chemicals or anything.

Thanks in advance!

Anjie + Frodo