From:
Jennifer Morlanne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 13:12:45 EST
You may all remember that I posted a couple of days ago about my male albino
Gordi having a strange smelly orange skin problem.  Well, interestingly
enough there are lots of us with this problem out there and only ONE person
had a solution that worked for them (Thanks Kylie).  This person experienced
something similar and it was skin mites.  But this affected her other ferret
as well and it makes sense that these mites would infest others.  But in my
case everyone else is clean, clear and "sweet" smelling.  Nevertheless, I
will definitely have the vet check out this possibility because you never
know.  PLEASE if you have any other suggestions, post here (I read the FML
religiously) or send to me and I will summarize the suggestions (see I'm
hoping to get lots of responses!)

Please Gordi needs your help.  He's soooooo tired of baths 3 times a week
(vet's instructions) with this special shampoo.  Actually I just bathe his
feet and tummy which are the smelly areas.  And he is sooooo good.  He just
sits there while I scrub his feet and let it soak for 5 MINUTES!  After he's
dried he grooms and nibbles his feet a great deal!  (FYI: He's always
groomed his feet a lot since he started with this problem, with or without
the frequent bathing) Please any suggestions, however unique, would be
GREATLY appreciated.

     Jennifer
     Gordi (It's NOT fair! Nobody else EVER gets a bath except me!)
     Nancy, Ronnie and Smokey (ROTFL)(hee hee hee hee)