Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:35:49 -0800
Ok, we get it that Michigan is trying to help these poor ferrets-- and
they are in Ohio-- has anyone tried Ohio authorities??

How about contacting elected officials in the area-- threaten bad
publicity-- and if no action is taken-- follow through.. Contact each
and every animal rights organization in his area and probably a good
idea to try a few of the national ones too.. No they won't act on your
word alone.. but if anyone can provide an eyewitness account ,
pictures, prooof... then the authorities can and probably will act..

Contact Animal Planet-- they will take an interest-- I guarantee-- if
$$ goes to this breeder he won't be stopped.. He needs jail time and
his face blurred out but his story told on camera..

There are shelters in OHIO and ferret lovers all over the area... He
can be stopped but, paying his ransom demands is not the way ...
Pictures of these alleged conditions are vital to rescue efforts and
even more important for possible prosecution.. Yes, this will take time
and many of the wild breeding ferrets will probably die before it is
resolved.. But taking the proper steps and making sure everything is
documented will save future ferrets and see that justice is done..

Once you can show proof and can confirm that the proper and local
authorities have been notified.. I'm sure everyone on FML and the
other groups you have posted to will help as much as they can--

We all have our own fur and skin families to consider and it may seem
heartless.. but from 1800 miles away-- without proof-- what can you
expect of us.