From:
"Kraska, Christel, Ms, SAM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 15:58:00 -0500
Hi fellow ferret-philes!

Ela & Judith
 -----------------
Love the ferret coloring book idea!  Is there any chance it will be
available for the holidays?  They would make great gifts for: Christmas &
Hanukkah, presenting to a host/ess along with--or even instead of--flowers
or alcoholic beverages, and--since my birthday is near Christmas--birthday
presents.

How about some simple crossword puzzles, easy word scrambles, how to make
yourself a ferret mask, the kind of stuff they used to have in the last few
pages of "Zoo Books" or the place mats they have for kids in some
restaurants.  Linda could draw several ferrets where only 2 are exactly
alike & you have to find the matching ones.  Hey, I love puzzles, bet you
couldn't tell.  : )

Heather & Fezzick
 ---------------------------
My sweetie cuddle bunny Charlie (now over the rainbow bridge) thought he was
Sir Edmund Hillary & his ferret condo was Mt.  Everest.  He loved to climb
up the outside of the cage to investigate the top.  One day I discovered
drops of blood on the floor & tracked them to Charlie.  He never made a
sound, I didn't even know he had gotten hurt, but he must have fallen or
gotten stuck--there was nothing where one of his front toenails should have
been & the blood was already starting to dry.

I called his vet & described the injury.  He said there really wasn't much
he could do for Charlie, he just needed time to heal, but if it made ME feel
better he could bandage Charlie.  The most important things were: to watch
for any further bleeding or swelling & to keep an eye out for signs of
infection.  And watch Charlie I did, but I never touched the toe.  I made
extra sure his litter box stayed clean & fortified him with extra Nutri-stat
(like Nutrical but cheaper).  It took so long, I thought his nail would
never grow back.  But, eventually, through the caked on blood, a new nail
appeared--not as pretty as the original, slightly misshapen, but functional.
Seems like it took more than 3 months.  I know his foot had to be sore, but
Charlie never complained, bless his stoic little fritter heart.  I felt so
horrified that this could happen to my precious babe while he was in my
charge; I agonized over his possible pain everyday until his nail regrew.
You & Fezzick will be in my thoughts--let me know how he's progressing.  : (

Tom the Pharmacist
Hey, my Latin is not just rusty, it's rusted OUT.  Dang, where'd I put my
Latin dictionary?  What's all this stuff about illegitimate carbons anyway?
: ) What about: una confibula non sat est?  I don't believe I ever sat on an
est. : ) Translations, please!

Christel ([log in to unmask])
Chaquita, Isis, Nin~a, Peanut, Simon & Tiki (the Fritters)
Elritze & Wilk (the Canine Peace Patrol)
Zauber & Qwilla (the Feline Purr Patrol)
& U.B. (the Ungrateful Budgie)