Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:24:56 -0700
After reading Krista's post a few days ago about her "Confessions of a
Ferret Owner" I was overcome with this intense need to reveal my own
"secrets" . . . .

No WONDER my family truly thinks I've LOST MY MIND . . . .

Why is it that I cringe at paying $3.99 / lb for turkey breast for my
own lunches but walked out of a pet store earlier this week with $40
worth of ferret food and treats?

Why is it that I think it's a crying shame to pay $35.00 for a new
Walkman (whch I desperately need to help me stay motivated to do my
workouts) but I don't think twice about spending $40 for a vet visit for
my sick little Phoebe?  And then I fork out a minimum of $30.00 for her
medications!

Why is it that when the vet recommended Phoebe get an ultrasound at $182,
I immediately said "Whatever it takes . . ." but I won't even buy the
vitamins I need to keep ME healthy?

Why is it that I won't give in and purchase a replacement hood for my
car for $250 so that the rust spots, chipped paint, and holes in the
hood won't make the jalopy look so hideous but I'll gladly pay for
adrenal surgery, without hesitation?

Why is it that I spend more time and energy giving the furkids manicures
(clipping nails) and grooming them than I spend primping myself?  I
wouldn't think of "wasting" money on a manicure or pedicure for ME!  (In
fact, I even went and bought a 'french manicure kit' so I could do it
myself, at home).

Why is it that I will spare no expense making sure the furkids eat the
best quality food but I'm a major SALE and COUPON-CUTTER wehn it comes to
grocery shopping for my own food?

Why is it that my 3 furkids have more cuddly blankets to use than I have
towels for myself?

Why do I think that $50.00 for a haircut is outrageous but just today had
no qualms about handing over $185 to the vet for bloods tests and meds
for Phoebe, my sick furkid?

Are my priorities REALLY out of whack or do I just love my furkids so
much that the cost of their care always seems *reasonable* to me?

Do I need therapy for this? ? ?  LOL!

Jennifer and the 3 happy, content, and darling Amigos  :-)