Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:47:17 EST
Hello to all!  I am brand new to this list (2 weeks) and after having
read all the informative posts and having responded to a few of you with
hopefully useful info, I thought I would introduce myself.  My name is
Angie and my fiance and I are owned by 2 ferrets - a female sable named
Tobie (short for October - the month we received her), and a male cinnamon
named Cim.  We just celebrated their 1st birthdays as we believe they are
about a month apart in age and received both of them when they were babies.
These are the first ferrets I've ever had and boy it didn't take long
before they were our world!

I graduated with a degree in Zoology a year ago and have turned down job
offers as they were in FFZ's - who would've thought!  I would like to say
to all of you who have ill ferrets how loving and brave you are.  My heart
aches for you and your ferrets and what it must be like going through
sicknesses.  My babies got colds last year and hearing them sneeze broke
my heart, so I can imagine the anguish you must feel with the degrees of
illness you all have spoken about.  You have my utmost respect and are in
my thoughts always.  To those of you who have lost ferrets, "heart ache"
isn't a strong enough adjective and "I'm sorry" isn't enough of a
condolence.  I imagine there is nothing I really could say to ease your
pain, so I won't waste words.

Finally, thank you to all of you who share your stories (happy and sad),
experiences, and knowledge.  You are enriching so many ferrets' lives, not
to mention my own.

Angie