From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:57:51 EST
Several weeks ago I was the lucky winner of the 'Woody and Dude' raffle
to benefit Ferret Wise Ferret Shelter.  Alicia did not send them off
immediately, which was probably a good thing.  I live right outside
Washington, D.C., and with all the Anthrax problems, our snail mail has
been pretty screwed up.

Anyway, they finally arrived last week.  I had seen the picture on the
Web, and had even seen them in person at a recent ferret show, but having
them in my home is a totally new and completely awesome experience.  They
are fantastic.  I usually do not win raffles, but I sure am glad I won
this one.  But then, Ferret Wise always has quality gifts for their
raffles.  And speaking of which, they now have another one - for a quilt.
I have already sent my check to the Shelter for my tickets on that one.

For now, Woody and Dude are on display in my front foyer.  Because Woody
is weighted, he stands by himself.  Since he is also jointed, I have him
holding his little ferret buddy, Dude, under his arm.  I don't know what I
will ultimately do with them.  When I got my tickets, I thought I might
give them to my Grandson if I won.  But now, I don't think I can part with
them.  They are really terrific!

Danee