From:
Britney Hee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:00:34 EDT
Hi everyone!  I want to thank everyone who responded to my overheated
ferret question!  Btw, I put in my air conditioner today since it was high
80's and Lan Di was lethargic all day AND even though it was nice and cool
in my room he still crawled out and slept on the floor of his cage!  Why
would he choose a plastic floor to a nice comfy bed that he's slept in
comfortably for the last month or so?!  I'm pretty sure he's not sleeping
on the floor because he's hot because it was really cool in my room.  It
really freaks me out when I look in the cage and see him on the floor
cause for a min I think "omg he's dead!!"  So I picked him up and now
he's napping on my lap =)

Now I have another question.  My lil' guy, Lan Di, occasionally gets into
foods that I don't think he's supposed to, and I was wondering if I should
be concerned or ban him from eating/drinking any of the following:

-chocolate (i heard its not good in large doses but he's only stolen a
few left over small Easter chocolates and he's always going after any
chocolate related item someone's eating near him)

-sprite (he knocked over a glass and drank what spilt on the floor and
now every time he sees a sprite can or a glass of it he try's to drink it
and i "accidentally" spill a little occasionally ;D )

-cheeto cheese puffs (he found a stale one on my bookshelf and he cradled
it in his arms and licked and chewed away)

-milk (my Mom says that milk isn't good for cats and it might be harmful
for ferrets, any truth to it?)

Non-food items Lan Di has eaten: I know its not ok to feed him this stuff,
and I would NEVER intentionally, but I'd like to know how harmful it is
since he ate these:

-tinfoil (he ate a chocolate wrapped in it and he ate the tinfoil along
with the chocolate)

-Sun ripened raspberry body lotion & ferret shampoo bottle(he chewed
through the plastic and he licked some that seeped out of both on seperate
occasions)

Also, when I try to take these things away from him, he makes these funny
noises that sound like hissing or screaming.  He snapped at my dad when he
tried to take chocolate from him and he bit him really hard, breaking the
skin.  I tried to scruff him, but its really hard to grab the skin cause
he tenses up and he snaps at me and he acts all insane, any suggestions
how to restrain him so I can take away something he's not supposed to
eat?  Should I just grab as much of the skin as I can?  I'm scared he
will injure my digit!

Any response via FML or directly e-mailing me is greatly appreciated,
thank you!

Britney & Lan Di *^ ^*