From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:19:32 -0400
Pat stauffer has some very good points in her post on anonymous breeder.
If Kim Fox had done her homework and she had taken the proper steps then
animal control would come into play along with the fact other shelters
would have contacted and the rescue would go forth the right way.  Having
done this myself many, many times this is the best way to go and put a
stop on breeding, and owning any animals of any kind.  They rescue from
bad breeders without warning and have the proper shelters there to take
the animals in.  Pictures are taken and the wheels are put into motion to
stop this process from happening again and again.  The courts now have
records and animal control now will monitor them with strict rules.  The
courts can come down on them with jail time, fines, etc.  Also we now
have public records and documentations.

Now that we have a rescuer that is governing the bad breeder and feels
remorse for them.  In stead of the well being of the animals and charges
being brought by the rescuer these people are left wide open to breed
again.

The only way to stop a breeder is to charge and make public the ordeal.
Hiding it only to allow it to take place again.  This will happen again,
there's no doubt about it.

>We spent the next 5 hours cleaning and taking care of everything we
>possibly could that day.... for the sake of the ferrets.  While gentle,
>they shook and clutched when handled.  These animals were terrified of
>people.  Poop encrusted overgrown nails, poo in food dishes.  Poo was
>EVERYWHERE.  I know we moved out 80 pounds of filth that day.....along
>with four fuzzy faces that now had a chance at a real life.

(THIS IS ABUSE OF ANIMALS)

("While the anonymous breeder loaded momma into the carrier that day,
she bit her.  She was reprimanded by being slapped in the face and then
slammed into the floor three times.")

"(Breeding ferrets with known defects in the blood lines & or over
crowding in the womb.  Yes, let's leave the hobs in for as long as
possible to produce the largest litters.  To hell with the ones that
come out deformed.")

("When the birthing season arrived we also took in a litter of 8 with
the momma.  It was certainly a more suitable alternative than the one
that was suggested by one of the breeders.  I believe his exact words
were "drown them".  ...and certainly better than the conditions they
were in.  Day old babies nursing in the hammock of a filthy cage
hanging inches above a hard floor..I could only wonder how many of
babies had previously fallen to their deaths." )

Give yourself a pat on the back you went in, cleaned up the place,
removed ferrets, never mind the fact about animal abuse here.  You only
give these people another chance with a clean place to do it ALL OVER
again!  What were you thinking.????  I read nothing but abuse here!
You call yourself a shelter?  Where were your morals on doing a true
rescue, protecting the animal, and not allowing it to happen again?
Shame!  Shame!  Shame!.

("We have been in touch with the officer regarding the situation as a
result and they will continue to monitor this person but essentially,
they have done nothing for the animals.  As long as this person complies
with breeding laws and obtains a license, they will be allowed to carry
on.  The law is obviously not working for the animals.")

As far as the law there is no way in the world that animal control would
have let this go if in fact you told them everything.  You only protected
the breeder, Animal control would have been there with shelters.  Animal
control doesn't work that way in your state.  Or is it maybe you waited
to remove some ferrets over a period of time either for yourself or the
breeder before you decided to say anything!  You call yourself a shelter?
SHAME ON YOU!

("While we are helping the ferrets by getting them out of there
and into homes, we also seem to be enabling the person to continue
breeding ....for whatever reason that may be.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on getting these people to stop breeding"???????)

You didn't enable a thing because the proper steps weren't taken.  Do
you know for a fact all the ferrets out of this place or did you let
the breeder keep any?

("A question for Dawn- Would you mind telling me the name of the MD
rescue that turned these ferrets & kits to you?  To my knowledge, we are
the only MD rescue that was working with this breeder and I know you
didn't get them from us".)

Why do you need to know what other MD rescue turned ferrets and kits
into Dawn.?  For all you know the breeder themselves could have turned
them over to Dawn.

Lets see how you answer this publicly!

[FC]