From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 02:20:20 -0500
- how many of you, had a couple of standard pets such as dogs or cats
as children?

My first animal was a daschund named PaddleFoot Bismark Von Merchant.
She was my 5th birthday present.  Everyone in my family had cats, dogs,
birds.  I had lots of fish growing up.  Even caught a huge catfish I
refused to let Daddy kill.  It lived in my pool for two weeks at which
time I was given the ultimatum to eat him or throw him back.  Daddy
thought I would eat him.  I didn't.  Lol.  I was about 7.

A neighbor had tarantulas when I was a kid.  Oh, I also grew up around
barns and riding horses and being around cows.

And does playing in the rivers and bugging the crawfish every year count?

Of course, I grew up in the south, in a small city.  Spent summers in the
Ouachita (washita) national forest.

Blessings,
Margie