From:
john rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 02:25:39 -0400
It certainly is obvious that it has been a Full Moon, considering some of
the posts here in re: Ferret Pelt.  Bill & Laura remember the days when
"cows", "chickens", "ferrets", and last, but not least, "children" were
NOT domesticated, and roamed our American countrysides!!  Cows?, maybe
from the Buffalo or Ox, Chickens?, maybe from the Grouse, Pheasant or
Prairie Chicken, Children,.........well, I don't have a suggestion for
that one!  But saying that they are "domesticated", or even comparing
them to cows & chickens, is absurd!  Also, could YOU suggest a 'better'
or as you said, "effective" venue than the fml for a ferret pelt
discussion??  Certainly not for children!!

And Gordon, that person does NOT have "every right to do what he did",
depending on the State from which he is from!  "Some on the fml will
attempt to remove rights of another", your statement, not mine, is
absurd!  These are opinions, and from your post, it is obvious that YOU
are attempting to remove OUR rights to object to something that is our
"right"!  You said,'if there is a person who says that a ferret is a
wild animal,(a totally uninformed person, at that), and that you should
not have one, & if so, you will not "be able to have one", because of
that person's "preferences" !!  Preferences & rights are two different
things, and we would Not be banned from owning one because of ANYONE'S
preferences!!  We have the RIGHT, because it is not against the laws
governing ferrets in most states, NOT because of a person's
"preferences"!!  "Repulsive" is the word YOU used ,"For a person to
offer a Ferret pelt on ebay", but you continued to "grade" it, or at
least comment that it "was poorly done".  Nice comment, BUT repulsive!!

And last but not least, Wendy!  NO ONE, at least that I have read, has
attacked Taxidermy on this forum!  I am a former hunter, and I still
see nothing offensive about a deer pelt, or hide, as they are a Legally
hunted animal, for FOOD.  Some may not like ANY hides being displayed,
but I haven't & do not plan on EATING a ferret!!  I am a "country person"
who lives on the edge of town, and I do not find Taxidermy "barbaric",
BUT certain animals were NOT meant to be 'displayed' in public places,
like "Libraries".  Certainly not, like it or not, a "DOMESTIC COMPANION
ANIMAL" like a ferret!!  Many young, impressionable "children"(refer to
gordon's post), use these public places, and wouldn't like to see a skin
of a pet they might own & love, hanging on the wall!!  You stated, "When
you are able to do everything you can to help your neighbor, then you can
help others".  I say, "Why not try Both??" It's not difficult, TRY it
sometime!!

john r. & the 'unskinned' gang. jdr.