From:
steve baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 16:01:56 -0400
I am wondering if there's any FMLers out there who live in or near
Lancaster.  I know of two so far.  There is a pet store called Petology
Discount Pet Center (they do NOT have discount prices at all) near Park
City Mall in Lancaster.  I was in there today to check out their ferrets
and couldn't stay long.  They looked SO small.  No info.  was posted on
their age and I'm not sure if I could even guess how old they were.  All I
know is that they were from Path Valley.  I am a new ferret owner , so I
was wondering if someone that lives in or near Lancaster could go check
the ferrets out.  If I don't hear a response in a few days I will go back.
The poop around their "cage" area was yellow, diarrhea looking, and runny.
They were SO adorable, but it looked as if their eyes just opened!  They
were SO teeny.  I wasn't able to observe much except that their food
didn't look wet, it must have been dry or VERY damp so that it looked dry.
They were all sleeping so I couldn't see their activity or behavior.  One
sleeping fella would shake and twitch about every few seconds, that's all
I saw...don't know if that is normal or not.  Like I said, I don't know
much about baby ferrets/MF/PV, etc.  I know there is a lot of controversy
going on and I wanted to comment on what I saw today.  If anyone goes to
check these ferts out, let me know, I am concerned!  The size of these
ferrets were approx.  6-7 in.  (I measured by putting my hand/fingers up
as a measuring tool and then using a ruler to verify at home).  Maybe I am
just thinking they are so small looking...but I don't think so.  When we
got our precious Hunny (a MF ferret) she was not this small and she was
7-8 weeks old (I thought that was small and young).  She's doing perfect
though, I looooove her.  Anyway, if I get no responses, then I'll go talk
to the manager over there.  I just don't want to be embarrassed or seem
nosy if everything is fine!  thanks.

Jen in PA
signing for Steve, Coonsie, and Hunny (who are all doing great)