From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:59:12 -0400
Possum Senior Reporter -
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy and Suzie Q watching from Rainbow Bridge

October 2011

Possum here: Oh my Goodness! What a day we had Saturday! I tried to get
mum to let me do the news yesterday but she said she was too tired. She
was pretty pooped! Our Christmas in October was a huge success. The
weather was perfect; mum even came in to get me to take me out side to
see everybody! There were humans all over the place! Miss Wendy took
my picture while I was out side visiting folks.

New folks came to meet us from Getzville, NY

I gotta tell ya, our party place looked awesome; it was all decorated,
tables and raffles set up, food, food and more food, and wine tasting.
As the pictures come in mum will post them on our web shots site for
you to see.
http://community.webshots.com/user/lakeroad2

So many things to do, people to see, places to go on Saturday - it was
just awesome, keeping in mind it could not have happened without each
and every human that came to help, donate things/time and then be here
for the fun too!

Oh yeah and the CD I requested for the music that day got here in time
to save my fur! You humans rock! Thanks for saving me from becoming
mums winter color!

The gold people were here, the humans that turned in their gold jewelry
and things helped to earn our shelter $38.00 for hosting the gold
party. The folks were great and happy to help our cause.

Miss Katie Carr from KS spent a couple of days with us so she could
join us for the fun. Miss Katie is the adoption facilitator for the
Kansas City Ferret Hotline. Miss Katie helped get last minute things
done the morning of our event, played with us, clipped nails for us
and just generally spent time hanging out with mum and us fur kids.

I have some very important things to tell you this month - the first is
I am going to semi-retire from the news, I need to step down to the cub
reporter position and have Sarah step into my paws. I have been feeling
poorly for a bit.

The other day I scared mum because I was leaving for Rainbow Bridge!
Mum got me back but I am getting tired so I need to step aside for a
new Senior Reporter. I have been doing the news sense February 2006;
it is time to let a new fur kid do it.

I have looked at all the applications from the shelter fur kids that
wanted the cub reporter job, took the suggestions from all you humans
out there that sent me ideas. I decided with mum's blessing to have
Sarah step into my position, and I will take the cub reporters job to
train Sarah.

Sarah fits the bill for the senior reporter job; she is just like I was
when I got here to the shelter, jumps up and down to get attention in
her cage or in the play rooms, matters not to her. If someone is here
she is listening in on all the conversations, nosing into everyone's
business, I think that is what makes a good senior reporter, don't you?

The second is mum has IFC shirts here if you want them - the Globe
shirts were such a hit more were ordered so if you want one let mum
know [log in to unmask] and there are some Arizona shirts
left too -

We are in the news! A Messenger post photographer came to take pictures
of us, he did a video too - we have not seen the pictures yet but here
is the video, take a look
http://www.mpnnow.com/multimedia/popularvideo/x432923739/Ferret-Shelter

Okay I guess I have all the notes covered mum left me - so until next
month -

Possum
I will be in the cub reporter position next month
Senior Reporter Sarah will step in at that time

Newest Shelter Video
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0GEYL02fnU>
Shelter Video
<http://www.kwflatbed.com/videos/ferretfarm.wmv>