From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:54:30 -0400
I saw this reported in the newspaper and found details at
http://www.purina.com/institute/healthy_cities.asp

Denver was rated the "Pet Healthiest City", based on things like the ratio
of vets to pets, amount spent on pet health care, number of emergency care
clinics, air quality, flea and heartworm populations, and many other
factors.

Minneapolis/St Paul, Columbus OH, Philadelphia and Portland OR rounded out
the top 5.

Aren't ferret illegal in Minneapolis or some major suburbs thereof?  Seems
to me it can't be that healthy a place for pets if a popular pet is banned!

One more comment on FedEx Ground, formerly known as RPS.  We've been having
our own problems with their deliveries of computer equipment, and I found
out today that each truck is privately owned, and thus less accountable
to central management.  It's more like a franchise-type operation.

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH