From:
Mary Zahnle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 21:30:54 EDT
I want to take a moment to thank the wonderful folks in the Greater Chicago
Ferret Association for a fabulous show!  We had a great time over the
weekend, and had a chance to see some truly gorgeous ferrets.

I'd also like to thank Diane Killian for honoring our oldest ferret, Orion,
with the Best Geriatric award.  I was hoping the big guy would do well, but
was truly surprised by his placing.  Thank you Diane!

I'm sorry that they changed the order of some of the fun matches.  I feel
bad for the gal making the trip up from St. Louis!  Two of our guys did
well in the fun matches.  Our little Buddy won the tube races, and
Fairbanks came in second in the paper bag escape.  Now I just need to teach
them how to yawn on command.

Ferret Math also struck.  We came home with a 2 year old dark eyed white
girl.  I had told myself no more ferrets, that 23 was more than enough, but
walking around and looking at all the beautiful ferrets made me want more!
After promising the hubby I'd give up a cat show, he relented.  And Rapsody
joined the household.

Both the hubby and I were kept busy helping out during the show, so we
didn't get a chance to meet many people.  Hopefully we'll get a chance to
attend some other ferret functions in the future and meet some other fuzzy
obsessed folks!

Again thanks and congrats to the GCFA!  We look forward to next year.

Mary and Mike Zahnle and
Ash, Buddy, Cassie, Daisy, Edward, Fairbanks, Gidget, Harrison, Isabeau,
Jynx, Lindsey, Munchkin, Nanook, Orion, Quigley, Rapsody, Sneaker, Socks,
Tundra, Ursual, Winnie and Syco, Sasha and Snowball, who should probably
have X, Y and Z names... and Kodiak, Rogue, Polaris, and Vixen who look
down on us from the Bridge.