Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:44:48 -0500
Hi Inge!  Your post cracked me up because I've had Rocky for 5 yrs now
and he constantly changes his mind about what he will and won't eat.
He'd eat nearly anything as a kit.  Then around age 1, he went off his
kibble.  I get a new one, he likes it for awhile, then doesn't.  I get
a sample, he likes it, then I order a bag and he hates it.  He loved
the first version of Natural Gold, but it gave him runny stinky poop.
He hates the new version so much that if he picks one up by mistake, he
actually spits it out!  He used to only eat breaded sauteed chicken.
Would never eat it without the breading, like cooked soup chicken, nor
would he eat raw.  Now he really prefers raw, though only breast.

A few years ago, when I first made a big batch of chicken gravy, which
destroyed my blender, he wouldn't eat it.  I kept trying to find someone
to give it to.  After I finally gave nearly all of it away, the little
stinker started eating it!!!  From then on, he has loved CG it even
though it comes out slightly different each time.  He loved a certain
brand of canned kitten food until I started making Bob's CG.  Now he
won't touch any canned food.  He used to love freeze-dried liver; then
one day he decided he hated it--of course after I bought a big dog-sized
can.  I could go on and on...

Oh, and I should mention that he wouldn't eat when I changed his bowl;
he only likes one particular bowl for kibble.  And he'll only drink tap
water; nothing that comes in plastic, and prefers to drink it right out
of the tap or from my hand!!!  When he had a cage, he absolutely hated
the water bottle.

What a pain in the butt (or I should say foot) these finicky ferts are!
We must be totally insane to cater to them the way we do.

Good luck with your furkids.  I'm sure you'll find something they like
to eat.

Shron & Rocky

P.S.  I don't think a treat exists that he won't eat.  He's the biggest
junk-food junkie I've ever known!