From:
Serra Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 21:37:06 -0500
I have been owned by ferrets for approximately 4 years.  Before I even
became an owner, I was using this list as a reference.  I am very
disappointed, as it appears that the quality of this list has taken a
slow spiral downward since that time.

I do not understand how any of you out there can expect any newcomer to
take your advice seriously, or believe it to be sincere, when in the next
breath, there are criticisms, mud slinging, and quite frankly, things that
do not belong in a public forum.  The only reason I can see any of this has
been posted pubicly, is to try to somehow gain favor with others, creating
division, and that is of no use here at all.

Some may argue that they post publicly pointing out errors in other posts,
to make those unsuspecting aware of misinformation that could possibly harm
a ferret.  There is no reason this needs to be public.  Mail the erraneous
poster, post to the possible unsuspecting recipient, or post to BIG with
your concerns.  Those that post publicly, disputing others raising
questions of misinformation are just adding fuel to the fire.

I very rarely post here.  I just thought that perhaps all of you who have
been having this public "disagreement" would like to know how this appears
to others.  It is petty, and if I was a newcomer, well, even though I'm
not, I still have second thoughts about anyone's sincerity here, simply by
the example you've made in not respecting others.

Please put this childish behavior to bed, and get back to what this forum
is really for.