From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 1994 14:36:52 -0500
>From: Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>

>[begin PG]

>In either case, cut the nail just longer than the pink line inside it.

To us maybe it's obvious, but I think it should be added how the
cut is to be placed, as it's important if you don't want the tip
to get broken:

The cut must be placed parallel to the floor's surface, as it
would be in relation to the foot when the ferret is standing on
the floor.

>A handy supply of styptic powder will stop the bleeding; for a nicked
>nail-vein, one person suggested rubbing the affected claw in soap to
>stop up the blood vessel.

Please add that it's really not necessary, as the flow will stop by
itself in a short while.