From:
Lauren Edelman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1993 11:32:08 -0400
HOME NEEDED FOR VERY CUTE FERRET

Hello. I am a new subscriber to the ferret list and I wish I'd
found out about it sooner.  I found out about it in the context
of trying to find a new home for my lovable little beast and hope
that maybe someone can help.  I have been diagnosed with
hypersensitivity pneumonitis, a very rare immune disorder in
which my stupid immune system thinks my ferret is a foreign
matter and is trying to fight her, causing lung inflammation and
eventually worse. My choices at this pint are to find a new home
for my ferret or stop breathing.  I am really heartbroken about
this, but hope that some of you ferret fans may know of a good
home.  My ferret is completely healthy; the immune reaction, like
an allergy, is completely my problem.

Laska (the Russian word for weasel) will be two years old in
December.  She is a sable ferret with a very defined mask, spayed
and descented, litter-box(es) trained, very friendly and good
with kids.  She is calmer than most ferrets, perhaps because she
has always been an only ferret, and likes to cuddle when she's
not being a complete nutcase.  She is used to having the run of
the house, except at night when she sleeps in a large cage.
During the day, she sleeps in dresser or desk drawers or in my
bed.

Laska met other ferrets only once and she did not seem to like it
at all, so I think she would be best off in a home without other
ferrets (although perhaps she would adjust?).  She has gotten
along with cats and with one particularly calm dog.  Ideally, I
would like to find her a home in or near Madison, Wisconsin
(where I live), and I would like to be able to visit her once in
a while (outside, where I'm less likely to breath her antigens).
However, I would consider a good home elsewhere.

I would very much appreciate any help you can offer, especially
if you live in or near Madison.  My email address is:

Thanks!  Lauren Edelman