From:
Benny Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:54:47 -0400
Dear Parents of the Fuzzies!

Guess what Miss Annie has learned to do.  She's learned how to break
out!!!!!  She was chomping at the bars in her usuall nervous way, when
suddenly, viola, the door popped open!  Now at this point I'm guessing
that's what happened because....... I went to take Stormy-boy to Sam
for his last shots.  He's a big boy now since he has his rabies tag!
When I came home, I stepped in the house and it looked like somebody
had a party!!  I guess they did!  I was cleaning out the middle bedroom
so I put the extra bag of p-nuts in the hallway.  Well guess what, they
weren't in the hallway no mo!!  They were all over the livingroom,
scattered in part of the hallway!  I rounded up the three escape-ees, and
cleaned up the mess.  No real harm done and man was I very lucky no one
got hurt.  I had put down a piece of newspaper in the kitchen (their fert
proofed playground) cuz I thought Storm had to go before we left.  He
didn't,so I just left the paper.  I figured I let them all out when I got
back.Somebody actually did a poopie on the paper during their hulabaloo!

So, all this time I'm thinking, did I leave the door open,?  no I
couldn't have, but I must have.  I came in the middle bedroom to use the
computer.  This is where their house is.  Behind me I hear, Chomp Chomp,
rattle, ratttle.  I turned to talked to Annie who was doing all of the
chomping.  I watched her for a bit, when POP!  there goes the door and
out she runs!!!!!  I could not believe it.  I've had ferrets for 7 years
and not one has ever broken out of their house.  She actually learned if
she bit the two bars above the latch, the door would open, cuz I put her
back, watched her, and whatya know, she did it again in less than a
minute!!!!!  She's a smart one!!!!!!!  Gotta watch those 'Binos!!

So now, their what I thought was a safe and secure, anti-break-out house,
sports a shiny new clip lock!  Something new for Annie to figure out
how to open.  Another thing I have learned in the years I've had ferts
(or they've had me)  Never say," Nah...they can't do that."  These
wonderfully precious fuzzkids are really, really smart.  And even more
persistant.  They'll keep trying to do something they shouldn't until
they succeed in doing that something they should'nt!!!  Don't we just
love 'em!!??

Mischievous Dooks to All,
Sue & Crew...Princess, Sammy, Oscar, Chance, Nikki, Annie, and =
introducing..Storm(12 weeks now)

Watching from the Bridge...Smokey, Bandit, Samantha, Boots, and
Tori..(hope you're doing well, my bridge babies)