From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:43:44 -0400
Dear Jen B-

Many thanks for the excellent chocolate hedgehogs that you so kindly sent
me!  My two year old nephew Alexander helped me to open the box.  He was
very excited to be allowed to help.  Imagine his delight to discover
CANDY inside,CHOCOLATE CANDY, and not some ferret toy, as I had told him
to expect .He knew right away that chocolate is reserved for nephews,
cute little blonde nephews, and not for Ping and Puma.  Nope.  Not one
bite.  And he was right.  He and I have spoken about this "No chocolate
for ferrets" business before.

Have you ever had a real hedgie?  If so you will appreciate this part.
I'm sure that France is still snickering over it.  (Please do not be
disappointed, we adults found it uproariously funny!) The chololate
hedgies had heated at some part during their long voyage from Washington
state to Massachusetts, and had become perfect hedgie POOPS!  With
decorative jimmies on top.  And luscious hazlenut butter filling.
Nestled in beautiful little paper cups.  I had one, the nephew had one
(both hands and face turned a rich, velvety brown) my little sister had
one, and my favourite sister in law had one.  We all pronounced them
absolutely DELICIOUS, and such a pleasant surprise on a blah, rainy
afternoon!

Thank you so much-

Alexandra in MA

Ping:"All I got was a lousy rasin."
Puma:"I AM going to bite her."
France::"Hooomin imbicile! Mangez-toi du *merde*?!"