Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:50:52 EDT
Hi everyone.  Well, I was rather disappointed with our visit.  The vet's
technician had told me that the doctor had been doing ferret surgeries
for 16 years, just not very many each year.  After speaking with the
doctor he told me he had only done surgery on about 6 ferrets his entire
career.  I know he is an excellent surgeon, but after talking with him in
length about the surgery and possible complications, medi- cations, etc.,
we both felt that it might be better to take Bart to someone who has had
more experience with ferrets.  I have a list of doctors from the STAR
Ferrets Veterinarian Database I got about a week ago, and had thoughts of
driving to Texas to see Dr. Murray, but thought I would try this vet in
OKC first since it was closer.  Well, since that didn't work out I called
Dr. Murray's office and spoke with his recep- tionist.  So, looks like
another long drive tomorrow, but one that I think will be well worth it.
BTW, at least Bart seemed to enjoy his "day out"!  He met several big
dogs, and even pooped on the doctor's floor while he was there. :)

Charissa and the gang Bart, Boomer, Tinker, and Frankie