From:
Mustela Putorious <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:34:33 -0800
John called Lukey "follically challenged" but loved him
unconditionally...and he knew Lukey felt the same way about him.Lukey
would virtually "Leap" into the air, sort of like a bucking bronco when
he was happy! Up & down in the same spot!

And that is exactly how I first saw Lukey when I found him up here at
the Rainbow Bridge. Leaping and jumping for joy among the wildflowers
and the flutterbies in The Meadows. He was so happy. I just sat down
and watched him for a good 10 minutes until he started to get tuckered
out and realized someone was watching him.

He waved, "Oh! Hi there! I didn't see you."

I waved back, "You were having so much fun I didn't want to disturb
you."

He walked over to where I was sitting, "May I join you?" he asked "
Catching his breath.

"Certainly" I said, extending a large paw, "My name is Musty Pete."

"Everyone calls me Lukey" he said as he shook paws with me.

I smiled as he sat down next to me. "A very good friend of yours asked
me to check on you." I said

"Oh?" he grinned "And who was that?" he asked

"Your Earth Dad John, he was worried, he wants to be sure you are
alright, and happy." I said "Actually he referred to you as 'follically
challenged' and 'his little Hippy-Hopper'...He must have loved you a
lot!"

Lukey threw his head back and laughed, a big belly laugh. "Ha haha!!
'Follically challenged' my eye! If he could see me now with this
gorgeous full coat!! Why he'd probably want to brush it!! Ha haha!!!"

I laughed with Lukey. He has one of those laughs that is contagious...
it's like he spreads happiness and joy to everyone around him. When you
are with him, you just feel HAPPY! He made me want to frolic through
the wildflowers with him!!

"How is it that you know John?" asked Lukey

"That is a very good question, Lukey. I am a Bridge Greeter up here,
I greet the new arrivals with my fellow Bridge Greeters Muldoone and
SaraFerret. We also check on ferrets who have been here for a little
while, like yourself, to make sure you are happy and have adjusted to
your new home here at The Rainbow Bridge." I explained.

"Your earth families can email my human helper with requests to greet
their ferrets and check on them from time to time." I added.

"Is it a fun job Pete?" asked Lukey

"Hmmmm.....I guess most of the time it can be fun. Sometimes it can be
a little bit sad. I guess it all depends on who the ferret is and how
they came to be here with us." I said.

Lukey sighed....then he smiled, a small thoughtful smile..."Well, I
guess meeting me has been fun, hasn't it Pete?" he asked, jabbing an
elbow into my ribs and making me jump. "Can you get messages back to
John and my ferret friends back home?" he asked

'Sure! I can also take you to The Pool Of Remembrance, and you can
check on them yourself." I told him.

"Wow! Where is that? The Pool Of Remembering?? I would like to go
there!!" he exclaimed

"I would like you to tell John that I am great! I FEEL great!! I can
run and jump all day long without getting tired. I have this gorgeous
new coat that feels like silk, it is so lush and soft, I can't stop
touching it!! I have made some friends and I am looking for some
friends who are already here, but I haven't found them yet. Just tell
John, I am okay, and I really miss him too." said Lukey, his eyes
getting a little misty.

"I can do that for you Lukey. I am sure he already knows, but I will
pass on your message." I said, smiling at Lukey.

"Would you like to take a look around with me one of these days? We can
go to The Pool Of Remembrance and the Waterfalls and The Community
Center. Maybe I can help you find your friends there." I suggested

"That would be great Pete. When would you like to do that?" he asked

"In a few days Lukey. I am very busy today, I have three more ferrets
to meet at the Bridge and I have 2 meetings before dinner." I said
thoughtfully. "But I will come back in a few days and we can spend
the day together, OK?" I asked

"Sure thing Pete" as he patted me heavily on the back "I think I'm
gonna like you!" and he smiled that infectious silly grin.

I said my goodbyes and Lukey went back to chasing the flutterbies
through the wildflowers and tall grass of the fragrantly sweet
meadow.Laughing and jumping and having a grand old time!!

You can send Bridge Greeting requests to: