From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:44:38 -0400
>We will also being holding a Distemper Clinic from 11am - 1pm (a vet
>is on-call, less than 5 minutes away).  The cost for the shots is $10
>per ferret per shot.

With a serious anaphylactic reaction a 5 minute delay can be difference
between life and death.

BTW, one reason that so many people are using the higher risk Fervac and
Galaxy recently is because the Purevax CD Ferret Vaccine hasn't been
manufactured since March and isn't expected to made again till October.
Some areas are having canine distemper outbreaks, though, and that is a
horrible (Anyone who has seen it can attest that it is among the worst
experiences imaginable for a loved animal and the animal's people.),
terrifying, torturing disease.

The Purevax manufacturering got displaced due to high demand for West
Nile vax for horses and for Lyme vax.  There are past posts on this
requesting FML members to contact Merial asking that they again make
batches of Purevax.  A few people have said here that they simply are not
taking ferrets to shows this year because they don't trust Fervac for
reactions (the vaccine Carol was forced into using by lack of Purevax,
and which caused the reactions in her ferrets -- though in that case a
bad batch also seems likley.)

Flea info:  you can find it all easily in
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org
or
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html