Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:43:31 -0400
Hi, Sukie  (and all),
Thanks for your quick reply to my question re: contagion-- (about whether
it is possible to transmit a disease by mail.)

Is there a website that I can look at to find out exactly how long
contagion is possible with each of the contagious ferret diseases?  Such
as the adrenal one and the ECE and any others?

I also need to know more about ECE and the adrenal disease altogether,
having only recently heard about it, being new to ferret lists, so if
there is a place I can go to find out more about those, please let me
know.

Another question along the same lines-- my son in law bought two beds a
couple of weeks ago from petsmart-- he usually doesn't happen to shop
there but did that time, not knowing of course, anything about ECE or
contagion of any type.  These beds were a few feet from where the ferrets
are kept in the store, and the beds came wrapped in plastic.  He said he
did go over and look at the ferrets but did not touch or pick any up.
What might be the chances in these circumstances, that he may have
brought some illness home to our ferrets then?  And, do you know the
length of time before any of the contagious diseases would show up in
our ferret should he have inadvertently brought one home, or if we rec'd
contagion in the mail from a place that hasferrets, such as getting mail
from a shelter or someone who has a lot of ferrets?  (I do get mail from
a private person who has 15 ferrets--she is not a shelter, per se, but
rescues on her own and keeps them, caring for them very well.

And what symptoms we should look for?

again, much thanks,
Jean