From:
judy wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 17:56:10 -0600
Hi All,

A while back I wrote about Smokey, one of our shelter girls, who came to us
diagnosed with lymphoma and furless (adrenal disease also confirmed).  Even
though she'd been diagnosed with lymphoma since Feb., she was still alive
and in all respects an active, busy, nosy ferret.  When I posted to ask
about having adrenal surgery done in spite of her lymphoma, Dr. Williams
gave me a real eye opener...maybe she really didn't have lymphoma.  I was
thunderstruck!  And with that thought my vet and I began to plan for her
adrenal surgery.

My vet, Dr. White, loves ferrets and has been owned by one or two himself.
He's always interested in learning about them and getting the most current
medical information.  So he ordered Dr. Weiss' tape and the special
equipment he needed for cryosurgery.  He told me yesterday that he's ready
to go.

Smokey's surgery is scheduled for Monday; I'm excited and nervous at the
same time.  Dr. White is also going to do Kiara, another shelter girl who
lives at my partner's house, at the same time.  Plus another local vet is
going to be sitting in to assist and learn.  Even though our two little
babies will be numbers 1 and 2 for Dr. White, I'm very comfortable with
being his first and second cryos.  You gotta start somewhere.

I'm grateful that our vet community works together like this to share
information and I'm also lucky that Smokey and Kiara will have TWO vets
working on them.  Both of these vets have done traditional adrenal
surgeries but the cryo will be the method of choice after this.  So please
keep these little girls in your hearts over the next couple of days and I
promise to send updates when it's over.

My thoughts are with all the sick, abused, unloved and hurting ferrets in
the world.  And to all who take care of these little guys my love and
admiration.

Judy Wallace
Cloud Nine Ferrets
Dellrose, TN