From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 09:45:54 -0400
Diana Wallace asked:
> Better yet where can I get ferret FAQs?

Any of the places in my signature; instructions are also at the top of
every issue of the FML.

Timothy Schmidt asked:
> 1. Do ferrets need to be groomed (i.e. brushed) on a regular basis?

No, they don't need brushing, though some of them like it quite a bit,
especially at shedding time.  Th only regualr grooming they really need is
nail trimming.

> 3. [...] how crucial are distemper and/or rabies vaccinations?

A canaine distemper vaccination is absolutely required.  Ferrets are very
susceptible to the disease, much more so than dogs.  You can bring it in on
your clothes or shoes, it's nearly 100% fatal to ferrets, and it's a very
painful death.  A rabies vaccination is less critical, since ferrets aren't
terribly susceptible to it, but it can help prevent your ferret from being
reported and killed for testing if he happens to nibble on a stranger.

Anon asked:
> Ok all, what's a parliment of ... refer to?

Owls, I think.

Jamie Grace Gilliland wrote:
> Subject: need info

I sent a copy of the FAQ separately.