From:
"Shortley, Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:55:00 -0400
Hello - Somone was asking about finding an apartment that allows ferrets.
Last year, I had a tough time with that too.  I looked at apartments that
allowed cats.  Then I told the owner that I had ferrets and before they
could even inquire about them, told them that they were kind of like
guinna pigs.  (I know they aren't!)  But that kind of made them seem more
acceptable to the owners.  Matter of fact, the townhouse that I live in
now charges "pet rent" for cats and dogs of $25 per month.  They were so
agreeable with my ferrets that they consider ferrets to be a primarily
caged animal, like a hamster (!) so I don't have to pay pet rent for them!
Of course, some places I looked at had a strict no pets policy so I just
tried to stay away from those places!

Good luck to ya!
Lisa and all