From:
Laura Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 03:47:05 -0400
Hello FMLers!

Gosh, we have several things to hit upon in this post.

Fat Ferrets--My third ferret, that my ex SO got custody of, was from a
breeder and weighed 6lbs. before he was "noodered" at 7 months old and then
he lost about 2.5 after that.  Jasper my youngest fert, a fixed pet store
badgery ferret about 5 months old weighs almost 4lbs. now!!!  I just wonder
how huge he would have gotten had he not been "noodered" as a kit.

Tail Smells--Tortillas!  Maybe the smells of ferret tails are relative to
the place in which the ferret resides.  We are south central Texas ferrets.

Animated Boxes--I recently started selling Mary Kay cosmetics and the box
that my showcase came in was large but not too large so I let the ferrets
keep it.  (in reality the ferrets brainwashed me into selling the stuff so
they could get all the cool boxes the stuff is shipped in!)  Anyway, they
(Booger in particular) figured out that if they flipped it over and pushed
it toward eg: my dresser, they could use it to climb on top of the dresser.
This is how it goes: the top is open and there are holes cut out of the
sides for easy access.  One pulls it on its side by pulling down on one of
the holes another gets behind it and pushes it toward the desired furniture
then jumps on it and climbs and to said furniture.... and they all laugh!

Outside Play--I have been taking them outside once a week or so to play in
the grass.  I take only one at a time because when I tried to take all four
they all went in different directions and laughed at me while I tried to
catch the others.  Every time we do this people in my neighborhood come up
to see what they are and watch or pet them.  Now that we have caught the
attention of the kids in the neighborhood I am the ferret lady.  One little
boy in particular will come up to my mom if she is outside and ask if the
ferrets and I can come out to play.  It's been about 15 years since she was
last asked if I could come out to play, she got a kick out of it though.

Ferret Gates--My ferrets live in my room with me and I would always have to
shut the door to let them out.  The problem was that my air vent doesn't
work very well and the room would get hot after only a few minutes.  So, I
bought a piece of plexiglass 36X32 the width of my door and the height just
under the door handle and taped it with duct tape in a couple of key
areas(Tavi helped to show me the escape routes).  The first time I used it
they were very happy to see the door open and all ran to it.  Then BOP!
smacked right into it.  Now they are use to it and like to look out and see
what's going on.  My dogs will come and lay by it and watch the ferrets
fight.  Occationaly they will get the ferret bug and start wrestling too.

Auction--I got the address labels by Jackie last round and they turned out
GREAT!!!!  I was more than pleased with the job she did.  So, start your
bidding early!  They are a must have!

Ferret Ref--Once again there is mention of ferrets in a Dean Koontz book!  I
am reading Darkfall right now and these creatures are killing people right
and left.  One police officer thinks it might be trained ferrets doing the
bidding for some evil murderer since the only ways in and out are through
the walls and vents.  Rats were ruled out for being stupid and finally so
are the ferrets, not for being stupid though.

Ferret Games--My friend came over tonight to play with the furbutts and she
discovered a new game.  I have a box my TV rabbit ears came in that I gave
the ferrets a while back.  Jasper gets in, lays down and she pulls it all
over the room making car sounds.  He LOVED it!  They zoomed around for
several minutes before he got bored.  The other ferrets tried it and each
time he would come running and chase them out of it so he could get back in
and zoom some more.  It was definately LOL time.  Pharaoh had a great time
just licking the salt from the inside of her sandels!  YUCK!

Thanks for reading!
Whiskery kisses to you all!

Laura and The Quad Squad