From:
"Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:31:01 -0400
Sandra wrote:
>There was a piece of litter lodged in her rectum and one in her ... My
>husband held her down as I removed them.  She screamed and through a fit,
>but was happy to be free of the pieces.  Can anyone suggest a litter that
>wouldn't ...well... you know.

Hi, Sandra, and everyone else,

You want a non-clumping litter.  The ones made from recycled newspaper are
very good and fairly inexpensive.  We use Yesterday's News Ferret Litter.
Their cat litter would work just as well for the problem you described and
is fine for ferrets.  We pay the extra for the ferret litter because it
is in smaller pieces and seems to do a better job absorbing odor from our
fuzzies' smaller poopies, not to mention their urine.  We've also used
Shepard & Greene's Ferret Litter when the store was out of our regular
choice, but it is quite a bit more expensive.  There are many brands of
this type of litter, both for cats and ferrets, and aside from the size
of the pieces, there really is no difference between the cat and ferret
varieties.

I hope this helps.

Take care,
Caity
(with eight well litter trained ferts :)

Caitlyn M. Martin                                     [log in to unmask]
http://www.caitys-world.com

"Good grief, man!  It's as simple as Einstein's special
theory of relativity!"
         - Dr. Who, as portrayed by Jon Pertwee