From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 08:59:17 -0400
Belle has always been good at shoulder riding. She sits on my husband's
shoulder while he putters about the kitchen, and will make a nice neck warmer
when we go to the store, peeking out from our hair. Caruso on the other hand
won't stay on a shoulder for more than a few seconds. He'll slide down your
back, and has no fear of falling.

We got our annual solicitation from Humane Society of the United States.  I
wrote a nice letter saying that I would no longer support them until they
changed their position on domestic ferrets.  I said they had by now
received enough factual info from other ferret owners and lovers to know
the truth, and with the recent legalization of ferrets in MA and last year
in MI, they had better revise their stance before everyone realizes their
hypocrisy and inconsistency.  I quoted their own words about caring about
"all animals" back at them.  Maybe one day they will get the message if we
keep sending it.

On another matter entirely, Caruso's winter coat is thick, long and silky
soft.  He would make a wonderful set of ear muffs if I could get him to stay
on my shoulders!  Belle never had such a thick coat, and she seems
particularly sparse this year.  Any suggestions on how to improve her coat?
They eat a mix of Iams Kitten and other high quality cat/kitten foods, with
Brewer's yeast w/garlic sprinkled on top.  They get a few drops of Ferretone
each day, and Belle also gets a bit of Ferretvite.

Which brings up another story: when I first got the Ferretvite, neither of
them were interested in it at all, even after having a bit smeared on their
noses a couple times. I taught Belle to like it by putting a tiny bit on a
raisin. After a few times of that, she loved the stuff. Caruso still had no
interest, but he keeps wondering what Belle gets so excited about. So this
morning, when Belle was licking the Ferretvite off my finger, Caruso decided
it must be good, so he got his big tongue in there too. He even tried to
gently grab hold of my finger and carry it away!

Linda, Richard, Joy, Belle and Caruso