Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:24:22 GMT
>From:    "Reet..." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Dexter the sick fert
>Poor Dex has come down with a little old tummy bug..  The vet gave me some
>penicillin and a dropper, assuring me the pleasant banana taste would
>ensure no problems with feeding it to Dex.  One wiff of the mixture and I
>recognised the memoriable medication I used to take when I was young.  And
>yes, I hated it.

I hate to second guess a vet, but the vet's instructions not to let a
ferret eat for 2-3 days makes it sound like the vet doesn't know much about
ferret metabolism.  My Amelia almost died after four days of not eating,
so I know from experience that they don't fast well.  Also, if that
bananna-smelling medicine is a creamy yellow color (and boy do they hate
it!), my ferrets have been on that with no dietary restrictions, also for
upset tummies.  Hopefully one of the vets onlist will respond, but you
might want to call other vets and get a second opinion...

Regina

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
Electra the Brujah's page:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

Wrapped in my mongrel wings, I nearly freeze
In the howlin wind and drivin rain
All the trash blowin round 'n' round