From:
Bryan Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 22:18:39 -0600
It's been some time since I've written to this list, and it is difficult to
come back to it with something like this.

As you might know, some time ago, I "rescued" Smudge from a pet store.  Rest
assured, he's hale and hearty.  But as it turns out, Jabba (who was rescued
earlier from the same store) has turned into the Adventurer of the group.

I still don't know how the heck he did it, but he somehow got under the
floors, and down into my neighbor's apartment.  Smudge went along for the
trip.

In a nutshell, they scared the Bejeebers out of my downstairs neighbor's
wife.  Smudge is very playful, and thinks nothing of charging across a room
with his mouth wide open, and jumping on your leg in an attempt to get him
to play.  Jabba is starting to pick up on this, also.

Well, they tried to entice her to play, and she shrieked bloody murder.  I
was upstairs gutting the apartment and trying to find the ferts, and just
*knew* they were downstairs.  I bolted, and managed to snag the ferrets
before she took a broom to them.  In her defense, Smudge and Jabba are
*VERY* energetic in their play, and Smudge has to be around 4 lbs now..  and
she had never seen one before.

Well, herein lies the problem.  She told the landlord, and the landlord came
unannounced for an inspection.  He knew I had ferrets, but his beef was with
me having added two more without his knowledge.

So herein lies my problem.  Tenaka and Cayanne get to stay, and the landlord
is evicting Jabba and Smudge.  I'd go with them, but my lease runs another
year and there's no easy way out of it.

Sadly, I must now try and find a good home for Smudge and Jabba.  Both are
very sweet MF ferts.  Jabba is about 3 to 3.5 lbs, and Smudge has gotta be
at least 4 lbs.  Both are under a year of age, and seem to be trying to
become cinnamon/sable mitts.

If you have room for two adorable and loving fuzzies, could you please email
me back?  It hurts to let them go, but I simply can't get around it, despite
my downstairs neighbor's wife wishing she'd never said a word.

        Respectfully,

        Bryan Hall