From:
Mark Teskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 12:22:49 -0500
Hi, I've been lurking for several months now and this is my first post.  I
have a 5 month old boy and just recently adopted another boy named Buddy
whose about 1and 1/2 to 2 years old.  Buddy apparently had been pretty
neglected as the people who took him in said he didn't leave his food for
the first week and had no idea what a litter box was, in fact he would sleep
in it even if it was dirty!

I've just had him over a week now and he's slowly coming out of his shell.
He's using his litter box (while in his cage) and sleeping in his hammock.
He's gotten a pretty fat tummy but still looks thin in the rest of his body.
I'm feeding him Totally Ferret and giving him some Nutri-Cal and Ferrettone.

The problem I've been having is introducing him to Freddie, my 5 month old.
Freddie is a big boy and very strong.  When their together Freddie just
bites him and drags him around like a play toy.  Buddy will sometimes bite
back a little but not much.  I always supervise them when their together but
I try not to interfere to much as my vet told me they would go through this
process of establishing a pecking order.  My concern is if it will ever be
safe to leave them together unsupervised and if they can share the same
cage.  Freddie also hisses at Buddy when they're together so I don't know
if that means he's just playing or really doesn't like this new "intruder".
I hope they can eventually become pals but really not sure.

If anyone has had similar experiences and would like to share them I would
really appreciate that.

Thanks!

Mark, Freddie, and Buddy.