From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:53:43 -0500
I am writing anonymously in order to keep my good standing with him
and that way I can do a rescue when the time comes.

The place needs closed down. Please do not promote him or his
granddaughter to continue on by purchasing ferrets from them. No matter
how cheap he gets. They over bred. This is the same song and dance we
have gotten year after year. Wintering over so many ferrets and he
lowers his price to recoup the cost of the feed. In fact we should
start boycotting. If they (his granddaughter and him) cannot sell
ferrets then they will have to close or cut back considerably.

Ferret lovers you have bad pet stores/good pet stores. Bad farmers/good
farmers. He has the bad farmer mentality and breeds ferrets to make
money. The weak ones die. Breed for the color that is popular and what
will sell.

He should have been shut down years ago when he couldn't get to
hundreds of ferrets to feed or water them because he would sink and get
stuck in the mud. He didn't know if they were dead or alive. He must
have had connections with someone in the health department back then
in order to stay open. When you pull up in his driveway you can smell
the stench from years of breeding ferrets and mink on the farm. The
conditions of his place: small wire cages with wire floors, a small
wood nest box on one end, food bins crusted at the bottoms with old
mink chow (older ferrets have bad teeth because of the mink chow), the
water lines freeze in the winter and they have to be watered by hand,
summer the old watering system breaks down, they may go without water
for a day depending on where they are located in the line, poop piles
high in the corner of cages, the stench comes from years of urine and
feces falling through the cage or the piles of feces in the corners,
no bedding, no toys and no play area. Remember he has been doing this
since the 60's for the money and his granddaughter brags on how she has
learned all she knows from her granddad.

After some research he lives in Morrow County
http://www.morrowcounty.info/

This is from there web page:

Welcome from the Morrow County Commissioners!

We are proud of our county and for good reason. Morrow County has
the best of all worlds -- good quality of life, good people, safe
communities, easy access from every direction. Take a look around our
web site and then visit in person to discover our many treasures for
yourself. You'll find us in central Ohio, a stone's throw from I-71.

Morrow County health department's mission statement is:

"To promote, protect, and provide for the optimal personal and
environmental health of the Morrow County General Health District."

I do not know if this will work but I would sure like to give it a
try. Anyone who has ever been there - lets bombard the county health
department by filling out the nuisance complaint form about the
conditions.

http://www.morrowcountyhealth.org/page.aspx?id=100585
or
email the health department [log in to unmask] about the conditions.

If this doesn't work maybe we should go to the state level.