From:
Michael and Kelly Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 1994 01:04:55 -0400
Howdy!!--especially to those on AOL!  We finally dumped Prodigy.  It was a
good (not!) experience, but I'm glad it's over.

I just HAD to brag--we are expectant adoptive parents.  Come this Saturday,
we will fetch a large male, a MASKeteer ferret.  WE ARE SO EXCITED!!

As for fun thievery stories, I have two tidbits.  The first thing Davey stole
that caught our attention was the iron.  He clomped down on the cord, and
drug it to the dresser, the hidey-hole to beat all.  It didn't fit, but he
kept at it!  The next thing was a pup-tent, rolled up and in its case.  It
didn't fit under the dresser, either.  His favorite thing to steal is a
sanitary napkin in its plastic (crinklecrinkle) carrying case.  If I need
one, I know where to look--you guessed it--under the dresser.  So far, tooth
marks has not affected..uh..performance!  :-)

Please, somebody answer the question of how to feed multiple ferrets
different foods to meet different dietary needs.  Presently, the ferrets have
a dish in their cage, but all the animals eat from a constant-feeder in the
kitchen, which holds Iams Feline Maintance.  The cage dish holds Iams Kitten
Food.  So everybody gets a little of both (the cats eat the kitten food
through the cage bars).  This seems to work fine, but I don't want to hurt my
animals, and soon I will have a baby, who will be a three year old when the
others are over five.  So I'm "worrying" ahead of time.

Thanks to those who sent regarding ferrets in FFZ's.   Any more comments
would be greatly appreciated.  And thanks for the updates on the McDowell's,
too.

Take care,
Kelly and Michael, the Ferret Fuzzies and Feline Furries