From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 16:11:22 EST
Hey Gang,
Can anyone help me!  I have been communicating with a subscriber regarding
the adoption of a ferret.  The problem is that I cannot go and get it and
she cannot bring the ferret to me (I live in Maryland, she lives in Canada).
Does anyone know of a SAFE way to transport ferret a distance this far
without the baby having to be in transit for days.  Is there a reliable
overnight or one /two day service that will transport animals?

*If for any reason I am unable to adopt the baby in question I am still
looking to adopt.  I will take just about anyone and have a special place in
my heart for abused/neglected animals.  No need for shelter mom's to worry,
I can handle abused animals and I know that there are most always behavioral
problems/aggression/reclusive behavior and it sometimes takes YEARS for them
to fully trust you.  I have been bitten, scratched, pooped, pee-pee'd, and
vomited on, run away from and rolled in the mud with animals (and those were
some of the better memories) so I know what I MAY be in for but I think they
appreciate a good home when they find one more than anyone else.

Thanks for helping,
        Irena...Lucy's mom