From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:33:54 -0400
Thanks to Sukie for an excellent post.

I'd just like to add one thing to what she said here:

>...or if they take their lives and those of their critters into their
>own hands by choosing not to leave when warned if the threat is a
>large enough one."

It's not only your life and your furkids' lives you are endangering -
it's the lives of those who come in to try and rescue you. Even the
professionals get into trouble when a roof or wall unexpectedly
collapses, or a swimmer is sucked into powerful storm drainage systems
that are hidden under floodwater (as happened to a few unlucky souls
in New Orleans).

Susann Thiel