From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 17:39:53 -0400
To Anonymous:

>Yaknow, I understand that when a fert is descented they remove the anal
>scent sacs.  Fine.  But with all the debate about descenting ruining their
>way to find their way around, what about the two scent glands on the jaw?

There are no discrete scent glands on the jaw - on the chin, face, in front
of the ears, prepuce, vulva, and around the anus are large numbers of tiny
scent glands scattered through the skin.  You can't remove them.  However,
you can decreease their numbers and output by simple neutering - the best
way to keep your ferret from smelling bad.....

Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP              Chief Pathologist, AccuPath