From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:22:45 -0500
>From:    Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
>
>... We have surgery scheduled for the 30th of this month.  I feel very
>confident in my vet (it's Dr. Karen Purcell - how lucky are we!) but of
>course I'm still nervous and want to be prepared for what will happen.
>If anyone with ferrets who have had this surgery has any information,
>advice, or stories they would like to share with me I would really
>appreciate it.  I'd like to especially know what to expect afterwards
>during recovery.

Boy, I wish I was close enough to use Dr. Karen.  She is the greatest and
most of what I know about ferret medicine comes from her book.  We just
had a left adrenal removed from Miss Bonnie early this month.  She was
operated around noon and her vet kept her for about 8 hours.  She was
awake in 20 minutes.  When we got her home she started gnawing on the
carrier door.  I couldn't get her to stop and was afraid she would break a
tooth, so I just let her out and she has been perfectly normal ever since.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if there's a laminated picture of Rambo on your headboard.