From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:08:58 -0700
I met the nicest boy who crossed over the other day.  His name was Bandit
and he was dark and handsome.  He was more than ready to be here and to
be whole again.  He was quite a vision, with his dark but highlighted
wings to match his hood.  He was stout and healthy.  Rejuvenated and free
he didn't step off of the bridge but glided.

By my side was Minka and others.  But he was looking for two very special
friends.  The best is always saved for last you know.  With eternity on
our sides, we walked over the rice beds while little heads popped up
through the rice to see the new arrival.  Every time a ferret's head
popped up the rice flew, and when it hit Bandit he dooked and danced.  Oh
but I knew what he was waiting for ... the snack bar.  Now whole, he
could eat everything and anything he wanted.  He can be surrounded by
food forever.  He was dizzy, turning in circles looking at everything
around him like the raison bar, ferretone fountain, and even foamy fry
forest in the distance.  Every treat in the world was there just waiting
for him.  Minka winked and told us that it was time to move on.  Time to
find his special friends.  So off we shuffled while the kits tossed cloud
balls at us, the otters spatter mud on us as they ran by, and the mink
tossed fish at us.  From behind a cherry tree, Pebbles and Snoopy pounced
on Bandit.  They tossled about before Bandit tore off up into the clouds.
They flew and dashed through the skies at each other, before finally flat
ferreting on a cloud and chattered.  That's where they told Bandit how
much they loved him, and how much his mommy misses him.  They showed him
how to put his ear to the clouds to hear her voice.  Sometimes he can
hear a distinctive echo of tear drops.  But he understands how that is
part of how humans heal.  And he hangs on all of the wonderful words she
has spoken about her boy.  They will be joined again ... part of
everything around them.