From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 20:11:57 EDT
Hey FMLers!!!

Well a busy month just passed.  Had Morgan in for an emergency tooth
problem.  I knew he had some dental issues but this was way beyond what
I had expected.  The tooth partly broke for want of a better description
and he was bleeding well, like a stuck ferret.  Ok got him in to the vet
(Thank God this was on a Saturday Morning...) got him taken care of and
home.  OK so his mouth was sore and he didn't feel like eating much.

This was fine until he went into convolutions Sunday night.  I didn't
panic like I thought I would but got him out of them and got out the ol
Karol Syrup and rubbed it on his gums.  As he started to come around I
fed him some sugar water with the Karol.  As soon as he could swollow
fully, I got him on some fret soup that I make and he came out of it in
fine order.  ( A Big Thanks to Carole too).

Ya know what folks?  It does help to be around ferret folks who know
their stuff.  I was told to keep Karol syrup on hand "just in case" and
it was just the thing needed.  Anyway Morgan is almost all the way back
to himself.

Got in three more...(yeah like I needed three more frets...LOL)  Two very
beautiful black nosed sables, brother and sister, and a very neat smaller
edition of our Tikki, a Light Chocolate sable male.  So we now have two
more males and a lil female.  The lil' girl is a bitter or at least she
wants to be a bitter...LOL.  She will outrgrow it tho.  The man I got them
from has a back injury that is getting worse.  He has had two surgeries
on his back but the condition is slowly getting worse.  He has to take
about three hours to clean just the one Midwest cage that the three share.
He didn't want to let them go but he told me his mind was made up and he
wanted them to go to someone he knew would take care of them.  Well I
didn't want to take them but told him if he should change his mind then
his babies would be right there for him.  I know I know.  If someone
should ask why I do this I could not in any rational manner tell them why
I do it but I know that it is the RIGHT THING to do.  Nuff said!!!

Ok here is my problem.  I have this rash...(LOL) No I mean I have a big
red rash on the front side of both arms, across my chest and now it is
on my back.  Been to the dermatologist three times.  Got the cremes and
salves and even got a shot in the right ham but it is still bothering me.
Ok it comes and goes but can't tell what triggers it.  My doctor thinks
it may be ferret related but the dermotolgist doesn't think it is ferret
related at all.  I have had and been around ferret now for almost 9 full
years (yeah I know a late starter I guess..but heck as long as I am here
it doesn't matter where here is...LOL) Any ideas?  Has anyone out there
ran across this?  Can it be ferret related?  What can I do to treat it?
And don't tell me to get rid of any longtailed hideyhole thieves..LOL.

As to the question of would I get more ferrets...????  Are you kidding?
I will maybe be dog free in the future, Maybe even cat free...but ferret
free??  NEVER!!!!  I am owned by them and they know it.  Just ask Dr.
Saber, the world reknown Mustilidae Authority.... He'll tell ya that I
am just plain ferret crazy... with which I must concur...LOL

Keep up the good fight and stay fuzzy folks!!!  After All It Is For The
Ferrets!!!

Best Regards
Fred Hurd
Reno Nevada.